Summer Valley Touring Park Booking Conditions 2019
Is with Summer Valley Touring Park. A non-refundable deposit/payment is required when making your booking, this forms a contract between yourself and Summer Valley Touring Park. This means any information you have given to us either by telephone or in writing is confirmed.
The balance of your holiday is due 8 weeks before your arrival (see your confirmation for due date). Your booking will be cancelled if you fail to pay your balance by the stated due date.
We regret refunds cannot be made if you leave the park early.
We reserve the right to decline a booking or terminate a holiday, without compensation, if in the opinion of the proprietors or staff the unreasonable behaviour of guests may lead to a situation that could prejudice the service, safety or comfort of the other guests or staff.
We welcome bookings for any day of the week for touring pitches and will try our best to meet a request regarding pitch location or a specific pitch on the park, however this is not always possible due to our flexible daily booking system. Camping POD and Static bookings have restrictions on arrival days; please see below.
- Bookings cannot normally be accepted from persons under the age of 18, please call to request.
- Bookings can normally only be accepted for those travelling alone, couples and families. We regret that we are unable to accept bookings for stag or hen parties or groups.
- Should your booking not be available for any reason beyond our control, your money will be refunded in full, but you will have no further claim against us.
- Please note that your property is brought onto the park at your own risk and we can accept no responsibility for loss or damage however caused.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission at all times, and the right to terminate the stay of any person if this is considered to be in the best interest of other visitors to the park.
- Bookings of three days or less will be charged in full at the time of booking and are non-refundable.
Your deposit is non-refundable. Should you need to cancel your booking, it must be received in writing by email/post at least 30 days prior to your arrival date.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU TAKE OUT YOUR OWN CANCELLATION INSURANCE AS NO REFUNDS ARE GIVEN AFTER THIS DATE.
If you wish to amend your booking you must telephone 07933 212643 as soon as possible, as changes to your booking cannot be guaranteed. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee for amendments.
- Bookings must be secured by a minimum deposit of 25% with the balance due 8 weeks before arrival. Any bookings less than 4 nights full payment must be made on booking.
Static Holiday Home Bookings
- Bookings must be secured by a minimum deposit of 50% per week. Balance is then due 8 weeks before arrival.
- Our holiday home is strictly non-smoking.
- We do not permit pets or smoking in our holiday homes.
- A £10.00 key deposit will be payable on arrival. This will be fully refunded at the end of your holiday. Arrival time 3pm departure by 10am.
- We reserve the right to charge an excess cleaning fee if the changeover requires additional cleaning time.
- Bookings must be secured by a minimum 50% deposit. Balance is then due 8 weeks before arrival.
- The POD is strictly non-smoking and no naked flames to be used inside the POD.
- Cancellations only on written notification at least 28 days before holiday is due to commence. We will endeavour to re-let, but if we are unable to do so the hirer is liable for the balance of the full hire fees.
- We do not permit pets or smoking in our POD. A £10.00 key deposit will be payable on arrival. This will be fully refunded at the end of your holiday.
- Arrival time 3pm departure by 10am.
- We reserve the right to charge an excess cleaning fee if the changeover requires additional cleaning time.
Summer Valley Touring Park Rules
- Check in time is 12 noon – 8pm (touring and camping) and 3pm – 9pm (static holiday home & POD). If your estimated arrival time is after 7pm, please let us know. If you arrive after 8pm, or within one hour of nightfall (whichever is earlier); it is possible that you may not be able to pitch. You may be asked to wait in our late arrival’s area and relocate to your allocated pitch the following day after 8am. The late arrivals area does not have electricity or camping facilities. Tents will be refused access and asked to return the next day; we do not allow tent pitching in the dark. We reserve the right to re-let a pitch after midnight on the stated day of arrival unless previously notified. No refunds given, except under exceptional circumstances. That does not include bad weather.
- Check out time is 10.30am.
- There is a 5 mph speed limit throughout the park.
- Bicycles are allowed as long as they are ridden in a safe and controlled manner. Riders may be banned if this request is not adhered to.
- Dogs must be kept on a short lead at all times. They must not be allowed to foul the park or recreation area, please use the bridle ways and footpaths across the fields to exercise your dogs. As a responsible owner we expect you to clear up any dog mess. Dogs are not allowed in the facilities block. All dog foul should be placed in the bin opposite the entrance of the park, not in the general waste bins on the park. Dogs MUST NOT be left unattended on the park.
- Children are the responsibility of their parents or guardians at all times. Children under 7 yrs must be accompanied to the toilets, showers and launderette by a parent. The proprietors and staff reserve the absolute right to refuse entry to the toilets, showers and launderette by unaccompanied under aged children. All children are expected to be back at their pitch with their families by 9pm. Children must not be left unattended on park.
- Please think of others when using the washing-up sinks (no unsupervised under 7yrs) if people are waiting please take your dishes away to dry them.
- Radios and televisions should be used considerately during the day and on low volume before 8am and after 9pm.
- Washing should be hung out to dry in a discreet manner.
- The lighting of wood fires is strictly forbidden. We do allow purpose made barbecues if used sensibly. Gas or charcoal BBQs are permitted if raised off of the ground and situated at least 3 meters away from any hedges or fencing. Please ensure you raise the BBQ using bricks which are available from the water points and block in old the telephone box. BBQs fuelled by wood are not allowed. Please always have a bucket of water to hand when BBQ-ing. Ash to be disposed of in the metal bins provided.
- Only breathable ground sheets to be used in the awnings of caravans and motorcaravans.
- Electric heaters are not permitted inside tents or caravan awnings.
- There is a maximum of 6 persons per pitch. An additional pitch may be required if there are more people.
- All waste/grey water MUST BE collected and emptied at the service points. All water must not be allowed to run onto the pitch or into the hedgerow. You cannot connect a hose pipe to the water taps unless you have booked a dedicated fully serviced pitch.
- All visitors must report to reception; maximum stay is 2 hours, all visitors must leave site by 9pm. We reserve the right to charge a fee for visitors.
Access and CCTV:
We have a security access system at our main entrance. When you first arrive you will need to ‘buzz’ the entrance pad. On arrival you will be given an access code to use to activate the barrier. Exit from the park is automatic; you do not need a PIN code. We have CCTV on site, the cameras are positioned in obvious locations.
We are unable to guarantee that you will be allocated the pitch you have selected. There may be occasions when the pitch is not available. We will always try and find a comparable pitch for you.
Unfortunately Summer Valley Touring Park, Truro is unable to accept commercial or sign-written vehicles at pitches. We may be able to provide alternative parking for you; please do contact us directly if you have a commercial or sign-written vehicle.
We are a small park and therefore whilst we welcome you to have visitors there may be times when we are unable to accommodate them, for example on Saturday and Sunday during peak periods visitors may not able to access the park. Please ensure if you would like visitors whilst you are staying with us that they report to reception on arrival. They will be advised where they may park. We reserve the right to limit the time visitors are on site; this is usually a maximum of 2 hours. We also reserve the right to charge visitors a fee for their stay.
Please use the play area provided, no ball games on the park.
Avoid excessive noise at all times. Quiet time is between 2200 hrs and 0800 hrs.
Closes at 9pm, opens at 9am during high season.
If you use a caravan alarm, it must automatically stop after 20 minutes regardless of power cuts or other external factors.
Dogs (maximum 2 per pitch): Our site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act and/or any of the following: Staffordshire bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Rottweiler, any Mastiff or Tosa. All other dogs are welcome, but must be kept on a short lead at all times. Please exercise your dogs along the bridle ways and footpaths along the boundary of the park. Do not leave your dog unattended in your tent or caravan. No dogs allowed in any of the buildings, or play areas. All pet fouling must be cleaned up and placed in the bin provided by Cornwall Council which is located in the lane opposite the main entrance to the park. Any owners of pets becoming a nuisance will be asked to leave the site.
Driving on Site:
We have a strict 5 mph speed limit which must be adhered to at all times. Please be aware of children playing.
Please bear in mind that we don’t allow guests to film or take photographs in facilities buildings. But while you’re with us, you may spot a professional photographer. They could be shooting photos or video for us. They could be shooting anywhere on the park but we’ll try to make sure the filming doesn’t affect your holiday and that you always know what’s going on. With this agreement, you give us the rights (free of charge) to anything containing your image (or the image of the other people with you) that’s made while you’re with us. (This doesn’t affect your own photos or videos of course!). So if you don’t want to be in shot, please try to stay away from the filming area. And if you or someone in your family does stray into a photo or video without meaning to we’ll do our best to remove the image from our library, but we won’t pay you any fees as a result.
Data Protection & GDPR
The information taken at time of booking is required to be collected for the purposes of processing your reservation at Summer Valley Touring Park. If you have selected to ‘keep in touch’ we may also process your data to keep you informed of our activities and to keep you updated with news, offers and other information that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information for the marketing purposes described in this paragraph, please let us know, you can change your mind at any time.
Please read our terms and conditions in conjunction with our Welcome letter which details further information with regards to disposal of litter, use of facilities etc. Any guest or visitor failing to comply with the above conditions will be asked to leave the site. We reserve the right to review and amend our terms and conditions in order to meet compliancy.