Summer Valley Touring Park
Welcome to Summer Valley Touring Park, Truro, centrally located in the heart of Cornwall
Awarded the AA Most Improved Campsite of the Year Award for 2019: We are delighted to be a family run park offering great customer service, facilities, set in stunning parkland countryside. A perfect venue for a relaxing holiday in a quiet location yet connected to the city and only 10 minutes drive to the nearby beaches of Perranporth and St Agnes.
Whether you are camping, in a caravan or motorhome or looking for a relaxing break in our glamping Pod, or Static holiday home, Summer Valley is the place to be! We are the closest touring park to Truro.
Central Cornwall Location: We are easy to access (off a straight lane), family focussed and also dog-friendly. There are a number of local circular walks accessible directly from the park. The local bus service provides access to either Newquay or Truro. There is a request stop at the end of the lane, however, we advise people to catch the bus in the village and the buses will drop you off opposite the park on your return. We are very close to the Sustrans cycle route (either route 32 or 3).You can walk/cycle to Truro along a car free path, with immediate access to the public footpath over fields from the park.
So what sets us apart from other touring parks?
We believe we offer all the right elements for you to enjoy your holiday. We blend a very warm welcome, local knowedge, spotlessly clean facilities, stunning far reaching view and spacious beautiful pitches. Don’t just take our word for it read what our guests reviews say at: FaceBook, TripAdvisor, Google and UKcampsite.
Pitches: We have both electric and non electric pitches suitable for all types of tents, caravans, motorhomes and everything in between! All are spacious, exceptionally prepared and configured so you can enjoy beautiful views. We have fully serviced hard standing pitches; and a small number of super large grass pitches which are all bookable online. We think you will love the convenience of the drainage, water and electricity on our new serviced pitches.
For 2019 we do not charge extra for awnings, pup tents (provided they can fit on the pitch with the required 3 metre fire gap). We have five types of bookable pitches, see our Pitch Type page for full details.
Reception & Customer Experience: At the heart of our approach is providing you with a warm welcome and lots of local knowledge to make your holiday the best it can be.
Facilities: We pride ourselves in providing you with a range of spotlessly clean facilities which will allow you to fully enjoy your experience at Summer Valley. We work hard to maintain our high standards.
WiFi: Our WiFI is accessible across the entire park. And what’s more we do not charge extra for this (unlike many other sites!) Please note it is not designed to stream films or heavy usage.
- Peaceful, beautiful site with stunning woodland views with spacious pitches which are south facing
- Modern and clean facilities including a brand new shop (serving great coffee and snacks), ample free hot showers and heated amenities block with laundrette and inside washing up facilities, free hair dryer, iron and freezer for ice packs
- As a family run site we pride ourselves on our customer service, ensuring you have the best time possible
- A modern information room with all the Tourist information and local hints and tips you may need for a relaxing holiday
- Perfectly located to explore Truro (especially if you are travelling in a motorhome), only a five minute drive and easily accessible by bus, footpath and cycle route
- There are many walks from the park exploring the local area; often ending at a coffee shop or local pub! We can provide maps of circular walk via public footpaths for you.
- Truro can be accessed via a public footpath and cycleway route directly from the park
- Seasonal options available (fully booked until 2020)
- Easily accessible via a 500m straight road and only 3 miles from the A30
- View a tour of our site via the video link one of our customers kindly put together in January this year. You can view the video here. We also have an updated drone video which was filmed in May 2017, to view it please click here: Somewhere Over the Rainbow….